Launch Lab Accelerator
An accelerator programme for City’s student and graduate entrepreneurs.
The City Launch Lab is an incubation space for City student and graduate entrepreneurs who want to get their ideas off the ground.
The City Launch Lab offers:
- Access to a 3 month accelerator programme to kick-start your business
- Expert startup coaching, mentoring and access to training sessions
- Free access to desk space, meeting rooms, stocked kitchen and Wi-Fi for up to a year (worth over £10,000)*
- Access to exclusive events and networking sessions designed specifically for startups
- Opportunities to pitch your business to investors and industry experts
- Opportunities to shadow amazing entrepreneurs in the day to day running of their businesses
- Access to recruit the best of City’s talent to help you build your business venture
- Membership to a network of London’s next generation of startups.
Applications for the Launch Lab Autumn 2021 cohort will close at 3pm Monday 11 October.
If you have any further questions please contact the Start-up Incubator Manager by emailing Marius.email@example.com.
Who can apply?
City students and graduates of undergraduate or postgraduate degrees can apply to join the cohort and benefit from the services, support and community to develop their ventures for up to 12 months.
We welcome solopreneurs starting out as well teams of up to six members – please note that at least one of the co-founders need to be a City graduate/students. If you are launching or have recently launched your venture and want the support of a startup community, this could be for you!
The main purpose of the City Launch Lab is to help students and graduates of City, University of London in the early stages of venture creation.
If you are selected to join the space we will work with you to establish your business goals and coach you through achieving these objectives. 12 months isn’t that long and we want to make sure that you make the most of your time as residents.
The first three months will take the form of an accelerator programme where participants will be asked to commit up to 8 hours per week to engage with workshops and mentoring activities. Attendance and engagement are mandatory for members – please only apply if you are willing and able to commit this time.
Launch Lab accelerator programme
The first three months will take the form of an accelerator programme. We ask successful participants to commit to engaging in up to eight hours of activity per week. The sessions will be scheduled from the week beginning 25th of October.
The workshops and mentoring activities will cover all aspects of growing your business. This will typically include everything from establishing the correct legal structures for your business, implementing marketing strategies, preparing for investment and refining financial models.
We will be bringing in the very best entrepreneurs and practitioners to help you on a practical level to help build your business and your skill sets. The more you engage with the activities, the more you will get out of the programme.
You will still have the opportunity to engage in an exciting programme of events, mentoring activities and shadowing opportunities designed to continue to support you. You will also be able to engage in a series of community events to share their tips and tricks, and collectively celebrate triumphs and help solve any challenges together.
More from CityVentures
Join our mailing list
Is it worth getting our CityVentures newsletter? Of course!
- staying tuned for the latest entrepreneurship news and offers at City
- up-to-date information about our events, programmes and competitions
- exclusive access to new products and services created by our community
- bunch of support helping you launching your very own business venture
Learn the fundamentals of starting a business
The Startup Seminar series is a free programme, providing business and startup skills to all those wanting to find out more about the process of taking a business from idea to a successful venture.
Delivered by expert practitioners, these engaging seminars provide hands-on tips and advice you can actually apply to your own business ideas or businesses.
If you have a really good business idea but don't know what to do next, or you already have a business but need advice on how to scale, then book an appointment with one of the team to discuss it further.
Our team offers coaching, advice and feedback to help you develop your idea and begin taking steps to turn it into a business.
Book yourself a startup surgery appointment with us.