City Foundership Programme
Intern as the CEO
The City Foundership Programme is an internship scheme with a twist. It has been specifically designed for students who want to start their own business. If you are interested in working for yourself and starting something amazing this summer then please read on.
How does it work?
In total we have 5 Foundership places to support. The programme takes place over 12 weeks from June to August. Each month has a specific focus designed to help early stage ventures rapidly learn and develop their business
- Month 1: Start – The programme starts with our Summer Startup School. A 2 week intensive startup programme which helps early stage ventures develop their ideas
- Month 2: Build – The focus of month 2 is prototyping and developing a branding and marketing strategy, this will help you understand the fundamentals of building and MVP and reputable brand.
- Month 3: Sell – In the final month you will learn how to design a robust business model and develop techniques to sell your idea to different audiences.
In addition to providing you with office space at the City Launch Lab we will also provide £1500 to each company to help them succeed and scale.
Who is eligible?
Only students studying full time or part time programmes at City, University of London are able to apply for the programme.
Is it for me?
If you have a burning desire to solve a problem or a great idea you want to develop further then this is the internship for you. You have to be prepared to work hard, but you will also be guaranteed a lot of fun in addition to learning a huge amount about starting and running a business.
What’s expected of me?
A Foundership operates much like an internship, but you will be interning in your own business. While this may not tie you in to a Monday to Friday 9-5, this is definitely not a Wednesday 12-2 role either – being an entrepreneur requires you to set your own hours in order to get your business off the ground and we want to see you putting the hours into your business! We will work with you to set your goals at the start of the Foundership, and be there along the way to help you stay on track.
The Foundership comes with exclusive access to hot desk space in the City Launch Lab, so there is no need to work out of your bedroom, and we want to see that you are really putting the work into your business during this opportunity and integrate with the startup community already here. However we don’t want to halt your hustle and understand there may be days that you need to be out of the office to meet new clients and leads in and around town too!
How do I apply?
Apply before the 28th of May 2021.
More from CityVentures
Join our mailing list
Is it worth getting our CityVentures newsletter? Of course!
- staying tuned for the latest entrepreneurship news and offers at City
- up-to-date information about our events, programmes and competitions
- exclusive access to new products and services created by our community
- bunch of support helping you launching your very own business venture
Learn the fundamentals of starting a business
The Startup Seminar series is a free programme, providing business and startup skills to all those wanting to find out more about the process of taking a business from idea to a successful venture.
Delivered by expert practitioners, these engaging seminars provide hands-on tips and advice you can actually apply to your own business ideas or businesses.
If you have a really good business idea but don't know what to do next, or you already have a business but need advice on how to scale, then book an appointment with one of the team to discuss it further.
Our team offers coaching, advice and feedback to help you develop your idea and begin taking steps to turn it into a business.
Book yourself a startup surgery appointment with us.