Inviting City students to a weekend of creativity and innovation, helping you to launch your very own startup!
What is the CityStarters Weekend?
Our CityStarters Weekend is a weekend-long event where all City, University of London students (developers, designers, marketers and startup enthusiasts) will come together to share ideas, form teams, build products and hopefully launch startups.
Our CityStarters Weekend offer you the chance to:
- pitch your idea and inspire other attendees to join your team (If you don’t have an idea that’s fine too, you can still vote for and join your favourite team)
- receive coaching from and network with entrepreneurs and industry professionals
- learn about validating your idea, product and customer development, learn startup methods, Minimal Viable products and so much more!
- pitch to a panel of judges for a chance to win start-up funds (a total of £6,000 to be spent on the startup if you win a prize)
- last but not least, make your CV stand out and increase your entrepreneurship skills.
This event is free and we would love to invite as many students as possible. However space is limited so please apply as early as possible as we will invite students on a ‘first-come first-served’ basis.
If your application to join the CityStarters Weekend 2021 is successful, you will receive a confirmation email from Ms Aurore Hochard, Head of Entrepreneurship Programmes at Bayes.
Deadline to apply: Friday 19th November 2021, 6pm
More from CityVentures
Join our mailing list
Is it worth getting our CityVentures newsletter? Of course!
- staying tuned for the latest entrepreneurship news and offers at City
- up-to-date information about our events, programmes and competitions
- exclusive access to new products and services created by our community
- bunch of support helping you launching your very own business venture
Learn the fundamentals of starting a business
The Startup Seminar series is a free programme, providing business and startup skills to all those wanting to find out more about the process of taking a business from idea to a successful venture.
Delivered by expert practitioners, these engaging seminars provide hands-on tips and advice you can actually apply to your own business ideas or businesses.
If you have a really good business idea but don't know what to do next, or you already have a business but need advice on how to scale, then book an appointment with one of the team to discuss it further.
Our team offers coaching, advice and feedback to help you develop your idea and begin taking steps to turn it into a business.
Book yourself a startup surgery appointment with us.