Calling All (Aspiring) Entrepreneurs!
Ever dreamt of solving real-world problems? Got a business idea but no team to launch your startup with? Looking for a learning opportunity to increase your employability skills?
We are organising a Startup Weekend inviting all Bayes/City students and recent Bayes graduates to join and change the world.
Startup Weekends are weekend-long events where developers, designers, marketers and startup enthusiasts come together to share ideas, forms teams, build products and launch startups!
Whether you’re an entrepreneur or an aspiring entrepreneur, come to our CityStarters Weekend!
The Startup Weekend will begin with open-mic 60-second pitches Friday night that result in the formation of small teams around the best, most viable concepts.
Teams spend Saturday and Sunday focusing on customer development, validating their ideas and building prototypes and website wireframes with the help of experienced coaches.
On Sunday, teams demo their products, receive valuable feedback from a panel of expert judges and potentially win prizes too!
Final pitches are more likely to be delivered on Sunday evening.
Why attend our CityStarters Weekend?
You’ll get the chance to:
- Pitch your idea and inspire other attendees to join your team (if you don’t have an idea that’s fine too, you can still vote for and join your favourite team)
- Receive coaching from and network with entrepreneurs and industry professionals
- Learn about validating your idea, product and customer development, lean startup methods, Minimal Viable products and so much more!
- Pitch to a panel of judges for a chance to win startup funds
- Find someone you can actually launch a startup with (if you want to)
- Last but not least, make your CV stand out and increase your entrepreneurship skills
Applications Open Soon!
More from CityVentures
Join our mailing list
Is it worth getting our CityVentures newsletter? Of course!
Learn how to start a business and do it yourself!
Book yourself a startup appointment with a member of the team!